Leftists often deny being radical. A radical is anyone who follows the Rules for Radicals of Saul Alinksy.
Since the liberal left including President Obama follow these rules, they are thus by definition radical.
What are some of those rules?
- radicals are really at war, and all tactics of war are permitted
- deception is their tactic
- the issue is not the issue – the issue is always the revolution
- power is everything
- boring from within – work within the system until you accumulate enough power to destroy it
- waging war without quarter – personal destruction of their opponents
- the purpose of political argument is not to defeat opponent, but to wipe him from the face of the Earth. Only by permanent war is the salvation of mankind, any means permitted
As can easily be seen, the liberal left very largely uses the above rules as their playbook.